E-Commerce Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do Open Source / Free Software alternatives lower your willingness to pay (WTP)?

+18
luis_guerrero
Doris Yu
uroi.salii
TA_Max_Huang
Florent_Blanchard
Jeffreymchen
Maiju_Hamalainen_
Felix_Humbaire
Naomi_Karnovsky
kathia Morano
soraya_berdeil
edith_bonnefond
Anais_Grelet
ProfessorHuang
BartekWu
chloƩ_laluc
lawrence_lo
tobias_off
22 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Do Open Source / Free Software alternatives lower your willingness to pay (WTP)? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do Open Source / Free Software alternatives lower your willingness to pay (WTP)?

Post by shirleyo Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:19 pm

Chi Fai_Cheng wrote:
tobias_off wrote:For many proprietary programs there are OSS/FS alternatives. Has the option to use these alternative programs lowered your personal willingness to pay for proprietary software?

For me, it will not lower my willingness to pay for proprietary software. The presence of Linux for example, does not lower my willingness to pay for Windows, because for me Windows has more value. It has less compatibilty issues for example.

It will not lower my WTP for proprietary software as well, becasue I do not want to suffer the cost of transition. I have been always pretty busy and do not have time for acquiring new product knowledge and receive training, since I have something that have been already familiar with. If I could receive some software for free, I would love to try, but I don't want to put much effort on it. For me, price is a concern, but not the only concern.
shirleyo
shirleyo

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2