E-Commerce Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Question 7] Customers incentives

+16
kathia Morano
betul_batik
soraya_berdeil
julie
chloƩ_laluc
TA_Max_Huang
edwige_aoudiani
Vincent_Alliaga
Naomi_Karnovsky
shirleyo
BartekWu
Doris Yu
karolina_koterbska
Janick_Edinger
florent_lefevre
Yann_Gerardi
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

[Question 7] Customers incentives - Page 2 Empty Re: [Question 7] Customers incentives

Post by BartekWu Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:29 am

Important thing is to know, what group of consumers you want to attract to your product. Some people seek value, others quality, some think of originality, others about ecology... If you can offer them what they want - their satisfaction increases-> they will return to your product. If you can offer product which fulfils couple of these qualities - that's even better.

More and mode often we identify ourselves with products we own, forgetting, that we used to live without them or they had less functions and that was enough as well (mobile phone example). Producers task is to create the need in consumers for new product.
BartekWu
BartekWu

Back to top Go down

[Question 7] Customers incentives - Page 2 Empty Re: [Question 7] Customers incentives

Post by Doris Yu Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:55 am

I totally agree with that, cost is a great incentive. I think it's time for companies to rethink about the value of being honest and face the truth that more and more customers are smart enough and are able to see clearly the value of the product. For instance, the cost of producing a daily garment is so low thanks to those really cheap labour in the so-called "under developed" countries.

As a customer, I just want to pay who produce it, who design it and who deliver it to me. I don't want to pay the overhead or other cost then. I believe if customers are aware of the cost structure of what they are buying, they will rethink and decide if they want to pay that much or not. They can either pay more or pay nothing.
karolina_koterbska wrote:Assurement of great deal from producer [Question 7] Customers incentives - Page 2 Lol can easily disable customers from clear mind and simple calculation [Question 7] Customers incentives - Page 2 Icon_scratch durring process of buying goods of first need. But when it comes to innovations customers are more demanding and clear about their choice. That is why when changing customers role, the company should provide trustfull, logic and clear information about delivered value.

Doris Yu

Back to top Go down

Post by uroi.salii Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:07 am

I would definitely have to agree with Max! It is the need that has to be fulfilled! like everyone's example about the cellphone. It went from a simple electronic device to call in and call out and changed into an integrated electronic device (camera, mp3, M OS etc.) allowing the consumers to be satisfied!
uroi.salii
uroi.salii

Back to top Go down

Post by shirleyo Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:07 am

I remember that my company had started a very successful marketing campaign providing a good example for customer incentive. The company produced a series of TV commercial, which is about a love story of a couple. But the story is open-ended. Therefore, the company provides many different storylines on its website. They also invited customers to join creating the following story. There were so many young people join the story making campaign, and became a topic of everyday conversation. Based on the customer’s preference, they designed products for different segments and other related products, which was fairly successful.
shirleyo
shirleyo

Back to top Go down

Post by ProfessorHuang Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:35 am

Customer incentives is an important issue in service-logic innovations. Customers participate to make the offerings better suit their needs; thus, the offerings should still be at the developing stage (i.e., innovations) that allow customers to refine, and 2) customers should be motivated to participate.

ProfessorHuang

Back to top Go down

Post by Chi Fai_Cheng Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:36 am

Yann_Gerardi wrote:
~~~~

What kind of incentive can a company applying service-logic innovation use to increase customers participation?

~~~~

I think the most important incentive is to make the content valuable. If this is the case consumers will be more likely to participate in producing in the online market.
Chi Fai_Cheng
Chi Fai_Cheng

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2