E-Commerce Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Questions : YOUR PURCHASING EXPERIENCE

+18
Florent_Blanchard
Felix_Humbaire
tobias_off
jeremie_francois
Brodie
Alexandra_Engel
betul_batik
kathia Morano
Natalie_Garcia
Janick_Edinger
Aurélie_Thiran
soraya_berdeil
Chi Fai_Cheng
Yann_Gerardi
florent_lefevre
edith_bonnefond
Vincent_Alliaga
chloé_laluc
22 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Questions : YOUR PURCHASING EXPERIENCE - Page 3 Empty Re: Questions : YOUR PURCHASING EXPERIENCE

Post by Janick_Edinger Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:19 pm

@Chi Fai:
Even if it can, it's not said that it can find the cheapest flight. There are several ways that ETRIP is not able to go.

1) A lot of tickets are bought from travel agencies. They won't sell it online but in the travel agiencies itself (offline) you might get it for a good price.
2) When you book your flights in Asia at the airline counters directly, it is cheaper than on the internet in most of the cases.
3) If you call the airlines they sometimes search for the best connections for the best prices. (I know Air China does.) You cannot find those offers on the internet.

Janick_Edinger

Back to top Go down

Questions : YOUR PURCHASING EXPERIENCE - Page 3 Empty Re: Questions : YOUR PURCHASING EXPERIENCE

Post by pierre_paitrault Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:15 pm

chloé_laluc wrote:➢ Would you go on this website? How do you usually book your flight tickets? Is it stressful for you?
➢ Would you rely more on a human-based research or on a computer-based one? Why?

I think I would not go to this website because I often use Google search to find my plane tickets and it is not among the first when you do a google search.
I rely more on a computer based because it is faster often cheaper and you can compare every offers.

pierre_paitrault

Back to top Go down

Post by Schulz_Martin Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:43 pm

Usually I book my flights directly on the airline's site because they often offer some promotions. And I think expedia and the rest of the search engines can't find these.
So etrip might be a good solution, but I think you'd be faster by searching the airlines' websites by yourself instead of waiting for some hours for the mail from etrip. Because usually you have an idea which airlines are the cheapest or which airline you prefer to fly with.
Schulz_Martin
Schulz_Martin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maiju_Hamalainen_ Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:15 am

I believe in the computer based engines because the ticket fares change quite much depending what day of the week or what time of the day you are looking at them. Sometimes though I find it stressful because if I check the flight one day earlier it can cost 25% less than the next day. But then I have noticed that sometimes in the evenings the price drops again and you can get even a better deal.

I would also like to try E-trip and then I could compare if I could find any cheaper flights myself which would give me an understanding whether to use it in the future.

In Europe I usually check flights from momondo.dk, which compares multiple search engines and flight offers from multiple airlines, or low cost airlines' websites.

Maiju_Hamalainen_

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3