E-Commerce Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question 7: TV series download

+25
kathia Morano
Edghill_Manuel
edwige_aoudiani
julie
Jeffreymchen
pierre_paitrault
Anais_Grelet
soraya_berdeil
Brodie
Doris Yu
florent_lefevre
edith_bonnefond
shirleyo
Leander
chloé_laluc
Florent_Blanchard
Naomi_Karnovsky
Natalie_Garcia
Felix_Humbaire
jeremie_francois
betul_batik
BartekWu
TA_Max_Huang
Aurélie_Thiran
Alexandra_Engel
29 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Question 7: TV series download Empty Question 7: TV series download

Post by Alexandra_Engel Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:32 pm

If your favorite TV series are available to be downloaded from the TV website, e.g. BBC provides Merlin series (www.bbc.co.uk/merlin/) or NBC provides Heroes (www.nbc.com/heroes), directly to your computer through a credit card payment. Are you interested in this kind of service? How much will you pay (for each episode, a whole season or how u want it to be paid)?

Alexandra_Engel

Back to top Go down

Question 7: TV series download Empty Re: Question 7: TV series download

Post by Aurélie_Thiran Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:06 pm

I wouldn’t pay for it because i know that i can get it for free from another website for free. It’s not like going for dinner in a restaurant or go to the cinema. As long as you’re not involved in a transaction you don’t have to pay anything (you don't have to be fair), so if you can avoid to be involved, you can avoid paying.

Aurélie_Thiran

Back to top Go down

Post by TA_Max_Huang Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:09 pm

In my opinoin, I am not interested in that. Because I can watch numerous TV programs on TV in my living room for free or with a low cost. Why do I have to pay for TV series and watch them in a smaller computer monitor? But it is just my personal taste.

If I have to pay for the TV series, $5 per episode or $100 NT dollars for a month is the maximum.
TA_Max_Huang
TA_Max_Huang

Back to top Go down

Post by BartekWu Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:19 pm

As long as the price is very competitive to the price I would have to pay to get the DVD of the series, I would be eager to pay. Especially for ones that are no longer on tv and I always wanted to watch them. Of course they should be of superior quality and with some extras:) but I think I would do that.
BartekWu
BartekWu

Back to top Go down

Post by betul_batik Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:22 pm

I would definitely purchase entire seasons if I could pay a very low price rather than watching them in streaming for free. I would be ok to pay up to 10-15 euros for a season. The reasons are that I prefer having the series (DVD format) and watching them again whenever I want and with a much better quality. Moreover, I'm fed up with the megavideo policy which prevents me from watching more than a determined number of minutes. Sometimes I'm not even allowed to watch their 72 minutes so...

betul_batik

Back to top Go down

Post by jeremie_francois Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:33 pm

I would also consider the reputation of the TV broadcaster. For instance, France has "commercial" broadcaster, that are mostly private and aim to make money, (often with very stupid programmes to put it politely). But some others channels (often state-owned) try to provide programmes of better quality, such as educational ones for kids, or about history...

The way I perceive a broadcaster and its contribution to society would raise the price I'd pay even with free or more competitive alternatives... to a certain extent of course!

jeremie_francois

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurélie_Thiran Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:43 pm

But if you know which TVsoap you wanna watch, it doesn't matter which TV channel broadcasts it, that's my opinion

Aurélie_Thiran

Back to top Go down

Post by betul_batik Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:45 pm

I wouldn't care... Moreover I think that if such a concept was implemented in France it would be proposed by this TV broadcaster you dont like (TF1 maybe?) and as long as I could get my favorite TV series for a very low price I would deal with them.

betul_batik

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix_Humbaire Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:12 pm

The only way I could pay for a series online when I know I can get them for free is knowing that if I pay, I can have it for a perfect quqlity. And even with that, I am not sure I will be ready to pay it.
This case of online services are still not really attractive from my point of view. Do you know if they're making a lot of money ?
Felix_Humbaire
Felix_Humbaire

Back to top Go down

Post by Natalie_Garcia Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:29 pm

I'd be willing to pay strictly for convenience purposes. Some tv shows are easy to stream online. But some take a lot of searches and a lot of time to find, which I find annoying. Obviously, I'd only pay if costs were low, so as long as it is was cheaper than iTunes for example, I'm be willing to pay for certain tv series.

Natalie_Garcia

Back to top Go down

Post by Naomi_Karnovsky Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:36 pm

It's kind of simillar to the VOD (Video On Demand) concept, where you pay a monthly fee or per movie/series and have it immediately on your TV, and you can pause, fast forward, rewind, etc.

I used to have this VOD back in Israel, and it actually lowered my motivation to download TV series illegally from the internet, because they had the most recent shows/movies, and it was quite cheap, without the need to wait for the episodes to finish dowloading and ending up getting a really bad quality with some strange language dubbing...

So, being able to get high quality right away on my TV screen for a low price definitely increases my willingness to pay (and become a law-keeping citizen Question 7: TV series download Icon_cool ).
Naomi_Karnovsky
Naomi_Karnovsky

Back to top Go down

Post by Florent_Blanchard Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:48 pm

I would definitely paid low prices to get entire season or episodes, IF it was not possible to get them for free on the internet. Sometimes, it can be like a challenge to find the free episode in good quality on internet, and just for that i would not buy if i can get it or free. In addition, when you buy series or movies, i think it is good to get the support (Physically i mean, to be able to lend it to others). If it is just watch on line, i think it is less interesting.
Yet, i would act like that because i have never tried to pay on the internet to get movies. I can totally understand people who would pay for it.

Florent_Blanchard

Back to top Go down

Post by chloé_laluc Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:09 pm

Alexandra_Engel wrote:If your favorite TV series are available to be downloaded from the TV website, e.g. BBC provides Merlin series (www.bbc.co.uk/merlin/) or NBC provides Heroes (www.nbc.com/heroes), directly to your computer through a credit card payment. Are you interested in this kind of service? How much will you pay (for each episode, a whole season or how u want it to be paid)?

If my favourite TV serie were available to be downloaded from the TV website directly to my computer through a credit card payment, I think that I wouldn't be interested in this king of service. I prefer to surf on the net, and to check for some good streaming website Wink Or directly buy de DVDs in a store, if I really enjoy this TV serie.
Recently Itunes also started to sell TV series on the Itunes Store, but the price is pretty expensive and I think that I won't buy Tv series using Itunes store. No
chloé_laluc
chloé_laluc

Back to top Go down

Post by Leander Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:40 pm

Once I can get the series online for free ,I would not use my credit card to purchase it from the TV Website. Im not a big fan of TV series, so I only watch it when i really dont have anything to do. So I dont mind waiting for it to download while I cook, wash, study or do something productive, and when i return I will watch it. I dont need to be able to watch it offline either. So for me, convenience, quality dont matter. My reservation price is $0.

Last edited by Leander on Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammer)
Leander
Leander

Back to top Go down

Post by shirleyo Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:20 pm

I will pay for it, if the price is no higher than the physical version. I will take the convenient factor into account. Just as Natalie said, searching online is also kind of cost for me.
shirleyo
shirleyo

Back to top Go down

Post by edith_bonnefond Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:24 pm

betul_batik wrote:I would definitely purchase entire seasons if I could pay a very low price rather than watching them in streaming for free. I would be ok to pay up to 10-15 euros for a season. The reasons are that I prefer having the series (DVD format) and watching them again whenever I want and with a much better quality. Moreover, I'm fed up with the megavideo policy which prevents me from watching more than a determined number of minutes. Sometimes I'm not even allowed to watch their 72 minutes so...

I agree with Betul! I reckon that I feel guilty when I download a season of any series Question 7: TV series download Icon_silent , but in the same time it is really boring to wait those 54 minutes on Megavideo to look some 5 minutes later on (yes, many people in the building A seem to watch Megavideo Question 7: TV series download Icon_wink )
In my opinion, purchasing entire seasons for a reasonable price would be a great option for me, i could watch it whenever i want, with a good image and sound quality and not feel guilty!
edith_bonnefond
edith_bonnefond

Back to top Go down

Post by florent_lefevre Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:32 pm

The problem with this offer (sorry to be a bit old-fashioned) is that you don't have something tangible in the end. Besides, few are the TV series I want to watch more than once so... what's the point? However, buying Disney's Aladdin on the Net, I am a-ok ! Prince Ali.... Wink
florent_lefevre
florent_lefevre

Back to top Go down

Post by Doris Yu Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:39 pm

What if, with a very simple installation of a small magic box (around NT$990), you can enjoy the films, you previously download in your computer, on your TV. Will that increase your interest in using the service?

And since the films are downloaded from the official website, quality itself no doubt is as good as you have seen on TV when they are broadcasted

Alexandra_Engel wrote:If your favorite TV series are available to be downloaded from the TV website, e.g. BBC provides Merlin series (www.bbc.co.uk/merlin/) or NBC provides Heroes (www.nbc.com/heroes), directly to your computer through a credit card payment. Are you interested in this kind of service? How much will you pay (for each episode, a whole season or how u want it to be paid)?

Doris Yu

Back to top Go down

Post by Brodie Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:57 pm

I would be interested in this service, but my willingness to pay will vary according to factors below:

-how much I like the show or series,
-the quality of available alternatives.
-The overall price would be limited by the fact that I'm watching the program on a small computer screen.
-the hassle of having to spend time logging in and inputting credit card billing info will decrease my willingness to pay.

For example, if there was a tv show or series, or movie that I really wanted to watch and could only find a poor quality version, I might pay:
movie: 30$NT
tv Show: 5$NT
series: 50$
It's difficult to say though, because it's generally pretty easy to find free quality alternatives online, in which case on a student's budget, free is usually a better option.
Brodie
Brodie

Back to top Go down

Post by Doris Yu Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:59 pm

May I ask...How much is an episode from iTunes?

Natalie_Garcia wrote:I'd be willing to pay strictly for convenience purposes. Some tv shows are easy to stream online. But some take a lot of searches and a lot of time to find, which I find annoying. Obviously, I'd only pay if costs were low, so as long as it is was cheaper than iTunes for example, I'm be willing to pay for certain tv series.

Doris Yu

Back to top Go down

Post by soraya_berdeil Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:07 pm

I will be interested in this kind of service if the price is very competitive compared to the price in a shop or other websites.i will pay only if it is a show i really really like that i can see whenever i want instead of watching it on streaming! Mad otherwise i wil get it for free

Last edited by soraya_berdeil on Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
soraya_berdeil
soraya_berdeil

Back to top Go down

Post by Anais_Grelet Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:08 pm

I probably be not interested in this kind of service because I'm not so addict of soap opera that I would buy some. But I may do it for a film even if I can see them on streaming. I wouldn't mind to pay for good quality and maybe other options like language selection and subtitles.
But even for a newly-released film, I do not think I'd be ready to pay more than 5euros online.

Anais_Grelet

Back to top Go down

Post by pierre_paitrault Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:27 pm

I will for sure not pay for this kind of service because I can have free on other website. I am not sure that I will be the only one to do that, that's why, 'the pay what you want' model for series online is probably not a good way to earn money.

pierre_paitrault

Back to top Go down

Question 7: TV series download Empty pay to play

Post by Jeffreymchen Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:11 pm

When it comes to payment for the streaming of videos and your favorite TV shows, I believe it to be a sensitive topic.

When individuals typically approach a website to rewatch a website, it usually means one night..which is, "they missed it when it was on tv"
So with that already pre-built in, viewers and potential consumers are already a bit bitter or negative going into it.
So before beginning to calculate their willingness to pay, you know it should be extremely affordable and it should also yield at a high end stream.

As for myself, I have not and most likely will not pay money to watch one of my favorite shows on TV.
In fact, due to the rise and popularity of DVD's, I sometimes find myself missing a whole season purposely, just to be able to rent or buy a whole DVD series and watch it all the way through.

If put in a corner, I would say, Yes I would pay, but at an extremely low cost, such as .50-$1 per episode.
Jeffreymchen
Jeffreymchen

Back to top Go down

Post by julie Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:16 pm

The question is also when will the customers pay? After having watched the TV-series? Or before watching the TV-series?

julie

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next