E-Commerce Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question 3: representativeness of studies

+22
Vincent_Alliaga
luis_guerrero
uroi.salii
kathia Morano
Brodie
Edghill_Manuel
Naomi_Karnovsky
julie
pierre_paitrault
florent_lefevre
shirleyo
edith_bonnefond
Stefania_Kim_Gardini
chloé_laluc
Schulz_Martin
Felix_Humbaire
jeremie_francois
Aurélie_Thiran
betul_batik
BartekWu
TA_Max_Huang
Alexandra_Engel
26 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Question 3: representativeness of studies - Page 2 Empty Re: Question 3: representativeness of studies

Post by Vincent_Alliaga Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:31 am

kathia Morano wrote:I think that fair consumers behaviours depend on the different nationalities for shure but also depend on different educations that people have received in their childrenhood too. For Belgium people, I will say it depends on the personnality and the guiltiness of using a product/ a service for free as for every country.

I think we'll all agree to say that generalize is a bad thing, but sometimes we have to Smile Smile

However, I'm not sure that categorizing people by their location will be efficient in ten years, and even now, especially in developed countries where borders tend to vanish with the globalization effect.
Vincent_Alliaga
Vincent_Alliaga

Back to top Go down

Question 3: representativeness of studies - Page 2 Empty Re: Question 3: representativeness of studies

Post by walter_muller Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:36 am

Schulz_Martin wrote:To Max:

I see your point of view,
but don't you think Taiwenese have a sense of fairness too? I mean, would you really go into a restaurant and pay NOTHING? How would you feel?
For me as a European, I couldn't do it. I would at least pay something for the service and I would calculate the amount of money spent for buying the ingredients
(remember, the reference prices you know from the supermarket are different. Usually the restaurant can buy them much cheaper)

Martin, you cant really believe that people are so good hearted. Surveys has shown that people focus on themselves and what is good for them. And for all the other people saying that surveys should be conducted regarding if this concept work in a giving country, i dont agree. Because, most people want to be fair and say "yes i would be a erasonable price by my self" however the behaviour is different, Hence, i dont believe in this kind of pricing system. This is also the reason that very few companies uses this mechanism.

walter_muller

Back to top Go down

Post by Doris Yu Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:44 am

In Chinese we have saying that, 「人不為己, 天誅地滅」=> Everyone for himself and the devil takes the hindmost. And I think it fits in everyone's behavior somehow, wherever he/she is from.

It is just that PWYW gives the paying right to people. And under this condition, emotional satisfaction or self-content of customers have become the key drivers of willingness to pay. Product quality and brand reputation are also important, but not that important anymore.

uroi.salii wrote:In a small country such as palau, i believe the majority for consumers would base it on their satisfaction. People from my country rely on the importation of products which are priced relatively high however it does not stop the consumers from purchasing these products. For example, electronic products are highly in demand. There are the low end electronic products and the high end electronic products, i would say that most consumers would go for a more reliable and satisfactory product (this is excluding the high school students who i believe are not educated consumers but just looking for a cheap product to satisfy their wants).

Doris Yu

Back to top Go down

Post by shirleyo Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:34 am

luis_guerrero wrote:Like the in question 2, I think here is very important the determinants for a successful implementation of PWYW. I assume again the most important determinants are Fairness and Income.
In a country with a customer's low purchising power (developing country), I think the PWYW would be totally unsuccessful, because in those markets there are always many customers who wants a product for a very low price (even if the product has a high value). Maybe some of the customers would take advantage of the situation and will resort to the arbitration, buying cheap and reselling the same product in another place.

Yes, Luis. I agree with your point.
shirleyo
shirleyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ted_Chiang Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:50 am

In Taiwan it could work both ways.. .. but if you take it to countries like China.... well......ha ha ha
Ted_Chiang
Ted_Chiang

Back to top Go down

Post by taniapaola_gutierrez Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:11 pm

I think in Mexico this wouldn't work for the whole market, it depends on the industry. For example for software, movies, videos and music downloading it would be a good idea because there is a lot of piracy business going on in my country and by applying PWYW would would bring benefits for companies to avoid piracy and let people use the original products by letting them choose how much they want to pay. Is even better to have some revenues, even though they might be very low choosen prices, but is better something than nothing.

taniapaola_gutierrez

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2