E-Commerce Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Question - extention of Q7 - What if you can see the downloaded film on TV and the files can be seen in any other device, such as PSP.

+2
BartekWu
Doris Yu
6 posters

Go down

New Question - extention of Q7 - What if you can see the downloaded film on TV and the files can be seen in any other device, such as PSP. Empty New Question - extention of Q7 - What if you can see the downloaded film on TV and the files can be seen in any other device, such as PSP.

Post by Doris Yu Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:49 am

What if, with a very simple installation of a small magic box (around NT$990), you can enjoy the films, you previously download in your computer, on your TV. And what's better, you can see it on several devices, such as PSP & iPhone, too. Will that increase your interest in using the service?

And since the films are downloaded from the official website, quality itself no doubt is as good as you have seen on TV when they are broadcasted

ps. It's not streaming, it's a downloaded file you can keep it in your Hard Drive.

Doris Yu

Back to top Go down

New Question - extention of Q7 - What if you can see the downloaded film on TV and the files can be seen in any other device, such as PSP. Empty Re: New Question - extention of Q7 - What if you can see the downloaded film on TV and the files can be seen in any other device, such as PSP.

Post by BartekWu Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:17 am

I just answered this question in a previous topic, so I will just paste part of my opinion here Wink

"I think, or at least I want to believe, that watching TV like that is a future of this business! Just imagine: you have, for example, 1000NT's on your TV account. Watching each TV series episodes costs 3$, and a movie is 10. And not that you can watch it once - it is added to your library so that you could watch it whenever you ant, or your family can watch it as well. How cool would that be?"

Isn't this what Apple is already offering? I am pretty much sure it is! And I LOVE IT!
BartekWu
BartekWu

Back to top Go down

New Question - extention of Q7 - What if you can see the downloaded film on TV and the files can be seen in any other device, such as PSP. Empty Re: New Question - extention of Q7 - What if you can see the downloaded film on TV and the files can be seen in any other device, such as PSP.

Post by karolina_koterbska Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:38 am

Im not willing to pay for downloading but if i would receive really good offer pay once and watch on tv series,movies,programs i could consider buying it, because it gives maybe more control over tv i know what im paying for and when im watching it, and I might have a choice what will be inside this box, not like cable tv where u pay for already set of channels.

karolina_koterbska
karolina_koterbska

Back to top Go down

Post by BartekWu Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:22 am

so, as a matter of fact, you are willing to pay for downloading - choosing the programs. you just name it differently Razz
BartekWu
BartekWu

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurélie_Thiran Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:22 am

i am already able to see the films i download on my Itouch, so what's would be the point of that box? As for TV, by simply burning the film on a DVD you're able to see it...or just use a cable that links your laptop to the tv

Aurélie_Thiran

Back to top Go down

Post by Ted_Chiang Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:43 am

If the price of the "magic box" is as cheap as you mentioned, then maybe I would consider it.

But there are other factors against downloading into hardrives/portable devices:
1) Downloading HD videos for Heroes for instance, would quickly take up your HD resources.
2) You'll go blind in a few years watching too many shows on PSP or IPOD. If I'm a parent I wouldn't want my kids to stare at a small screen for 2 hours each day.

So... I probably won't consider it. Good idea though!
Ted_Chiang
Ted_Chiang

Back to top Go down

Post by JesusMiguel_Fernandez Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:56 am

apple TV already does this, as mentioned:

New Question - extention of Q7 - What if you can see the downloaded film on TV and the files can be seen in any other device, such as PSP. 800px-11

Its kindoff a DVD layer for the internet and you are able to rent/buy all sorts of content in alll sorts of formats for quite low prices in my opinion.. I think devices such as this will take over for one specific reason: NO COMMERCIALS!!! i dont know in your counties but in Spain commercials last for about 20 minutes and they are really annoying!!

The sales for apple TV are as follows:

In Apple's first quarter 2009 financial results conference call,
acting chief executive Tim Cook stated that Apple TV sales increased
three times over the same quarter a year ago. Cook mentioned that the
movie rental business was working well for Apple, Apple would continue
investment in movie rentals and Apple TV, but Apple TV is still
considered a hobby for the company.Due to the growth of digital TV and consumers turning to Internet media
services, an analyst predicted sales of 6.6 million Apple TVs by the
end of 2009.

Taken from a financial analyst.
JesusMiguel_Fernandez
JesusMiguel_Fernandez

Back to top Go down